December 7 National Day Calendar with a complete list of National Days in December and on the day December 7th.
There are several holidays and observances that are celebrated on December 7th around the world. Here are a few examples:
- International Civil Aviation Day: This United Nations observance celebrates the role of civil aviation in connecting people and countries. It is intended to raise awareness about the importance of international cooperation in the field of civil aviation.
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day: This day marks the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, a military base in Hawaii, by the Japanese during World War II. It is observed in the United States as a day of remembrance for the soldiers who died in the attack and as a day to honor all veterans.
- National Cotton Candy Day: This food holiday celebrates one of the most popular treats at fairs and carnivals.
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day: This day marks the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor and is observed in the United States as a day of remembrance for the soldiers who died in the attack and as a day to honor all veterans.
- International Nanotechnology Day: This observance celebrates the progress and potential of nanotechnology, a field that involves the study and application of very small structures and materials.
These are just a few examples of the holidays and observances that are celebrated on December 7th. There may be other holidays and observances that are specific to certain countries or regions.
- PEARL HARBOR REMEMBRANCE DAY
- DAY OF INFAMY [AUDIO]
- NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES [WEEK 15]
- INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION DAY
- NATIONAL COTTON CANDY DAY
- HANG A WREATH DAY
- LETTER WRITING DAY
History on December 7th
There have been a number of significant events that have occurred on December 7th throughout history. Here are a few examples:
- In 1941, the Japanese attacked on Pearl Harbor occurred, leading the United States to enter World War II.
- In 1982, the first permanent artificial heart transplant was performed in Louisville, Kentucky.
- In 1988, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child, a treaty that sets out the rights of children and young people around the world.
- In 1989, six Jesuit priests, their housekeeper, and her daughter were murdered in El Salvador by government forces. The event became known as the Jesuit massacre and led to widespread international condemnation.
- In 1993, the first successful gene therapy treatment was performed on a 4-year-old girl with adenosine deaminase deficiency, a rare genetic disorder.
These are just a few examples of the significant events that have occurred on December 7th throughout history. There have likely been many other important events that have taken place on this day as well.