Our February National Day Calendar features the most popular February National Days and Food Holidays in the month of February. One of the most popular holidays in February is Margarita Day.
Top 6 food holidays that are celebrated in February
- National Chocolate Cake Day: This holiday is celebrated on February 7th and is dedicated to chocolate cake, a popular dessert made with chocolate and typically served with frosting or icing.
- National Chocolate Fondue Day: This holiday is celebrated on February 5th and is dedicated to chocolate fondue, a dessert made by melting chocolate and dipping fruit or other treats into the melted chocolate.
- National Crêpe Day: This holiday is celebrated on February 2nd and is dedicated to crêpes, a type of thin pancake that can be filled with a variety of sweet or savory ingredients.
- National Pizza Day: This holiday is celebrated on February 9th and is dedicated to pizza, a popular Italian dish made with a dough base and topped with a variety of ingredients.
- National Carrot Cake Day: This holiday is celebrated on February 3rd and is dedicated to carrot cake, a type of cake made with grated carrots and typically served with cream cheese frosting.
- National Banana Bread Day: This holiday is celebrated on February 23rd and is dedicated to banana bread, a type of sweet bread made with mashed bananas and often flavored with nuts or chocolate chips.
These are just a few examples of food holidays that are celebrated in February. There are many other food holidays throughout the year that are dedicated to specific foods or types of cuisine.
|Berry Fresh Month|
|Celebration of Chocolate Month|
|Great American Pies Month|
|National Cherry Month|
|National Fiber Focus Month|
|National Hot Breakfast Month|
|National Grapefruit Month|
|National Snack Food Month|
|Potato Lover’s Month|
|Sweet Potato Month|
|Shape Up With Pickles Time||First Week|
|Great American Pizza Bake||Second Week|
|Jell-O® Week||Second Week|
|Kraut and Frankfurter Week||Second Week|
|National Pancake Week||Fourth Week|
|Food Checkout Week||Fourth Week|
|International Pancake Day||Shrove Tuesday (February or March)|
|Oatmeal Monday||Second Monday|
|National Baked Alaska Day||February 1|
|Heavenly Hash Day||February 2|
|Crepes Day (France)||February 2|
|National Carrot Cake Day||February 3|
|Homemade Soup Day||February 4|
|National Stuffed Mushroom Day||February 4|
|National Chocolate Fondue Day||February 5|
|Nutella Day||February 6|
|National Fettucini Alfredo Day||February 7|
|Molasses Bar Day||February 8|
|National Bagels and Lox Day||February 9|
|Pizza Pie Day||February 9|
|Cream Cheese Brownie Day||February 10|
|Peppermint Patty Day||February 11|
|National Plum Pudding Day||February 12|
|National Tortellini Day||February 13|
|National Creme-Filled Chocolates Day||February 14|
|National Gumdrop Day||February 15|
|National Almond Day||February 16|
|National Indian Pudding Day||February 17|
|National Café Au Lait Day||February 17|
|National Cabbage Day||February 17|
|Crab-Stuffed Flounder Day||February 18|
|Drink Wine Day||February 18|
|National Chocolate Mint Day||February 19|
|National Margarita Day||February 22|
|National Sticky Bun Day||February 21|
|National Margarita Day||February 22|
|National Cherry Pie Day||February 22|
|National Banana Bread Day||February 23|
|Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day||February 23|
|National Tortilla Chip Day||February 24|
|National Clam Chowder Day||February 25|
|National Chocolate-Covered Nuts Day||February 25|
|National Pistachio Day||February 26|
|National Chili Day||February 26|
|National Strawberry Day||February 27|
|National Kahlua Day||February 27|
|National Chocolate Souffle Day||February 28|
|Surf and Turf Day||February 29 [Leap Day]|
February Food History
Here are some notable events in food history that have occurred in the month of February:
- In 1892, the first can of Campbell’s soup was sold in a store in Camden, New Jersey, marking the beginning of the Campbell Soup Company.
- In 1922, the first annual National Chocolate Fondue Day was celebrated, honoring the popular dessert made by melting chocolate and dipping fruit, cookies, and other sweets into it.
- In 1945, the first annual National Pancake Day was celebrated, honoring the popular breakfast food made with flour, eggs, and milk.
- In 1964, the first annual National Chocolate Souffle Day was celebrated, honoring the light and fluffy chocolate dessert.
- In 1991, the first annual National Snack Food Day was celebrated, honoring the variety of snack foods that are enjoyed around the world.