September 4 National Day Calendar with a complete list of National Days in September and on the day September 4th.
Holidays on September 4th
There are several September holidays and observances that are celebrated on September 4th around the world. Here are a few examples:
- National Wildlife Day: This holiday celebrates the beauty and diversity of wildlife and encourages people to learn more about conservation efforts.
- Labor Day: This holiday is observed in many countries around the world and celebrates the contributions of workers and the labor movement.
- Independence Day: This holiday is celebrated in Tonga and marks the day in 1970 when the country gained its independence from the United Kingdom.
- National Eat an Extra Dessert Day: This holiday encourages people to indulge in a sweet treat and celebrate the joy of dessert.
September 4th History
There have been a number of significant events that have occurred on September 4th throughout history. Here are a few examples:
- In 1781, Los Angeles, California, was founded by Spanish settlers.
- In 1824, the Republic of Bolivia was founded.
- In 1939, World War II began when Germany invaded Poland.
- In 1957, the Little Rock Nine, a group of African American students, began attending Little Rock Central High School in Arkansas, following the Supreme Court’s ruling in Brown v. Board of Education that segregation in public schools was unconstitutional.
- In 1976, Viking 1, a spacecraft launched by NASA, became the first spacecraft to land on Mars.
These are just a few examples of the significant events that have occurred on September 4th throughout history. There have likely been many other important events that have taken place on this day as well.