Here are some of the most popular January 2nd National Days. Below are a 10 holidays and observances that take place on the 2nd of January.
10 Most Popular Food Days in January
- National Cream Puff Day (food-related holiday)
- National Chocolate Fondue Day (food-related holiday)
- National Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day (food-related holiday)
- National Science Fiction Day
- National Personal Trainer Awareness Day
- National Cream Cheese Brownie Day
- National Pet Travel Safety Day
- National Run it up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes It Day
- National Buffet Day
- National Fruitcake Toss Day
We hope you enjoy the list of food holidays in January.
January 2nd Food History
Here are some notable events in food history that have occurred on January 2nd:
- In 1851, the first recorded recipe for macaroni and cheese was published in a cookbook called “The Practical Housewife.”
- In 1933, the first fast food chain, White Castle, began using frozen hamburger patties, which allowed them to mass-produce and sell hamburgers at a lower cost.
- In 1964, the first annual National Cream Puff Day was celebrated, honoring the popular pastry filled with whipped cream or custard.
- In 1998, the first annual National Chocolate Fondue Day was held, celebrating the popular dessert made by melting chocolate and dipping fruit, cookies, and other sweets into it.
- In 2003, the first annual National Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day was celebrated, honoring the hearty breakfast dish made with oatmeal and nuts in the batter.